Anyway, I tend to keep empty glass jars - I clean them and remove the labels, and then I make my own candle holders. Before I started making cards, and really got into paper craft, I used to decorate them with decoupage, using paper napkins, or stickers.
In general I decorate the top and bottom of the jar to let the lights shine through.
For this jar I have used: lace, ribbon, paper flowers, rub-ons (butterfly and birds) and a die-cut swirl.
For the choice of colors I got my inspiration from challenge #26 at The Ribbon Reel.
I know I might be disqualified for some challenges (though I think most accept "projects" and not only cards), but I just wanted to share an idea based on recycling. It's also an activity which is great to do with kids, let them decorate the empty jars with whatever they want (they will surely come up with great ideas themselves!).
I enter this candle holder into the following challenges:
1) The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog - #26 Going Green
2) Make it Monday - Anything Goes
3) Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Anything Goes
4) Ditzy Craftymess - Anything but a Card
5) Just Keep on Creating - #1 Anything Goes
6) I Brake for Challenges - Anything but a Card
7) Do More with Less - Recycling with Sonia Suprabha Venugopal